Chicken soup for my own soul

Here's my question: what is the mysterious ingredient in chicken noodle soup that makes it so magical? Like really, with all this sickness in my body I have come to wonder how it is that this simple soup contains tangible comfort and solace. It must be widely acknowledged as a powerful force in the universe. I mean, there is an entire series of books devoted to Chicken Soup for the Soul.

I have this friend who makes "Magic Soup," often from scratch, that is here signature of service. First off, how cool is it to have signature soup to give all your sickly friends. Secondly, I can attest that it is delicious and warms the very cockles of my heart.

I also wonder if there are comfort foods in other cultures that are held at such high esteem as our American chicken noodle soup. In a quick Wikipedia reference we learn that our wonderful soup could actually have an anti-inflammatory effect . Man, I love my Campbell's chicken noodle. It's so good that even Andy Warhol wanted to immortalize it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment