To Dispel a Lie

Once upon a time I had the idea that young adulthood was the ideal time of my life. Everyone in high school was excited to launch and make our own decisions. It was an exciting prospect to move someplace and make it our own. All of these adults kept telling me that this was my prime, they were excited to live through me and relive the adventures of the young.

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint ya'll. I wish to dispel the myth that all of us young adults have our lives under control. I really thought I'd have it all together and would be fearless in pursuit of the opportunities surrounding me. We're all due for a reminder that this golden time is full of human frailty and is chalked full of a relentless rain of life experiences. So to everyone who wished to live through my overly ambitious adventures, I apologize that, for now, they've turned out to be less exciting than I once dreamed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment